Stop. Breathe. Enjoy.

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Spooktacular

Well It's Halloween today and this if this past week is any indicator I may be down to just house sparrows and juncos now. It's been a depressing wet week here...people are ready to rip your face off for even the tiniest indiscretion.

Even I'm not looking forward to the snow arriving...the tease we had at Thanksgiving did nothing but make me realize the snow can hold off for a while. However the forecast this week makes me think that the snow is definitely on the horizon...soon we shall be knee deep...so I guess I better get a move on and finish my covered feeding station. I haven't even started it yet, but maybe tomorrow. I usually finish putting up all of the lights etc for Christmas so I'm not freezing my butt off but with a forecast for rain/snow maybe I'll stay in.

I haven't seen a bluejay for about 3 days now and the peanuts are still in the feeder...although I did have a ginormous raccoon here earlier this week. Dirty bugger! I knew all those branches weren't breaking on their own! Ah well such as life I guess! We shall see if any other birds show up!

No comments:

Post a Comment