Stop. Breathe. Enjoy.

Monday, October 12, 2009

Scruffy Blue Jay protects the feeder

Wow what a thanksgiving Monday I'm having. While sitting having morning coffee with my darling hubbie I heard the undeniable call of the bluejay announcing his intentions to arrive in my yard and I'd better have fresh peanuts out there for him (or so I interpreted).

So as usual the jay arrives and starts to pound back the peanuts when out of the blue a 2nd bluejay flies in and lands on the feeder bath as well! This was exciting for me as I've never had more than one at the feeder at the same time!



Then a 3rd slightly scruffier Jay flew in and got all poofy and staked out the feeder as "his" while the other 2 picked up peanuts off of the ground.



He's either an older Jay or a young one coming into his feathers...it was hard to tell. He didn't look as sleek as the other two so he became my favourite automatically!

Eventually he let one of the sleek jays up on the feeder with him and he showed his displeasure by snubbing the younger jay... which didn't really seem to bother him at all!



Now that's a full gullet!




No comments:

Post a Comment