Stop. Breathe. Enjoy.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Borrrrrring

Wow, talk about a boring couple of days! I think that fall migration may be officially done with as I haven't seen much in terms of a new and interesting bird my way as of late.

The starlings have been stalking my yard...they sit on the wire and preen and clean, but have never ventured closer than the back fence.

The sparrow flock is down to just house sparrows again...that's probably the way it will stay until spring.

Thank goodness my birdbath is heated...woke up to major frost this morning again.

The bluejays are still hiding pnuts.

The woodpeckers have not been see on our side of the development...how unfair I see them on walks with my dog but they're not where they would be most beloved :(

Well it's been an amazing bird year...now the challenge is to draw the chickadees & nuthatches to my yard for the winter.

Crap is it cold out these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment