Stop. Breathe. Enjoy.

Friday, October 23, 2009

The Starlings arrive to play

It's funny how as soon as I mention or think that the bird fun is done for the year nature has to prove me wrong. It started last night during dinner when the Hairy woodpecker arrived to scarf the suet. Entertaining and good to see. I hate how sporadic they are and with all of the work I have to do I don't get to see them when they're here most of the time.

Then this morning as I sat having morning coffee the flock of starlings that have been buzzing my yard for the last week decided to stop in and play. They hung out in the amur maple and took turns chasing each other through the yard. All in all it was entertaining as they glided and flew through the yard at top speed, avoiding the bushes, frames and fences that dot our small yard.

I love how speckled they are...I know they're a member of the dreaded blackbird family but I don't care. They're different and cute...such sharp pointy beaks!

No comments:

Post a Comment