Stop. Breathe. Enjoy.

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Downy Woodpecker + Seed Cake

Well I can't complain about the diversity of the birds these last 2 days coming to my yard. I thought that the sparrows were all that would be here but between the chipping sparrows, Harris, bluejays, magpies, hairy & downy woodpeckers I have to say I'm pretty happy.

I was a bit surprised when I sat down for lunch that the downy was hammering away at the seed cylinder but it proved to be entertaining. I was pleased that someone was eating the seed cake...I had put a new one out (over a month ago) and after 4 days no one would touch it. Normally one of these cakes lasts about a week. I never seem to be able to predict what the birds are going to eat!

I've put a tray of seed out front and to my surprise that seems to be where the Chipping sparrows are eating. I guess it's easier than battling the bullies in the back yard...

No comments:

Post a Comment