Stop. Breathe. Enjoy.

Monday, November 2, 2009

The Starlings find the feeders

Well it finally happened! It only took a couple of weeks but the starlings that have been stalking my yard FINALLY made their way to the feeders!

The speckled beauties have been devouring the suet like crazy...the cranberry is by far the favourite with the peanut butter coming in second!

These guys are brave and interesting to watch. When something makes the sparrows all scatter, they just get thin and hunker down and pan the yard looking for the threat. It's been a learning experience. I'm loving that they are the new bluejay.

I haven't noticed many woodpeckers or bluejays over the last couple of days but that's not really a surprise. Usually as soon as I complain about it the Jays show up, but I think that the recent cold weather had made many of the birds head for warmer ground. Ah well that's to be expected...Still no nuthatches or chickadees :(

No comments:

Post a Comment