Stop. Breathe. Enjoy.

Friday, October 2, 2009

Juvenille Yellow Rumped Warbler

This morning while I sat sipping my coffee a cutie patootie hopped onto my new platform feeder and left me wondering what it was. I first thought it was a yellow throat as they have been all over my yard this week until I noticed that it had a streaked breast and didn't really look like the yellow throat, but it did have the warbler beak!

The little fella than hopped onto step and let me have a good long look at him...I noticed that there was a little bit of yellow under his wings and at the base of it's tail. This made me believe that it was in fact a different kind of warbler. Upon consulting my trusty field guide I realized it was a juvenille yellow rumped warbler!


He then hopped around for a bit and made his way to my back flower garden which is still thick and lush with fall flowers (turtlehead). I had hoped to get a picture but no luck...we'll see, but as this is a first time sighting for me I'm still pretty excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment