Stop. Breathe. Enjoy.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Rain, rain and more rain.

What a dismal day it is today. It started raining about 12 o'clock and it hasn't let up since! There's nothing new happening in the yard but I could let the start of October happen without posting at least something!


The picture posted above is of a yellow bellied sapsucker that I saw on our first camping trip of the year. This fella flew across our path and let me take picture after picture of her. I was thrilled as this particular trip allowed me to see the largest amount of wildlife I've ever seen on a camping trip. A brown Bear, a Massive doe, a fox, magnolia warbler, cedar waxwing, grouse, pileated woodpecker, are just a few of the sighting we had. I loved the trip!


It really kicked my passion of nature into high gear and my obsession of woodpeckers! I've seen Downy, hairy, pileated, and the flicker this year 2 of which were for the first time. I really wish that I had a decent lens that would enable me to get the perfect shot.

There's still no sign of the Junco's so I guess that means that the birds aren't totally done for the year but it's getting close. There's a wager going on as to when we'll all have to turn on our furnaces for the first time amongst many of my friends. I said October 3oth...I think I might lose!

The poor sparrows are sopping wet and still scavenging like crazy! They are determined little buggers!

No comments:

Post a Comment