Stop. Breathe. Enjoy.

Monday, September 28, 2009

The Harris Sparrow


Okay, so the picture here won't orient properly...yet another reason why I HATE this interface...the picture is not a vertical picture yet blogger will only post it as such no matter what I do. SUCKS!



Now that that's out of my system onto the whole point of this post. The Harris Sparrow!! I only get these guys for about a week in May and a week in September. I tried in the spring to get a picture of these fellas but they wouldn't come out of the underbrush.
I noticed Sunday that they had returned and I was so excited! Then I got the picture and I was over the moon. I found it odd that they were eating off of the platform feeder by the fence for a while...they normally just stick to the ground.


I haven't seen them today yet...hopefully they haven't gone for the year yet. I think the white throated have disappeared...not surprising as the weather has finally gone back to normal and it' s much cooler! This morning I swear it was going to snow any day now! Yipee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment