Stop. Breathe. Enjoy.

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Common Yellow throat

The Common yellowthroat has been hanging out in my yard for most of the summer. I've yet to get a picture as they're so skittish but this morning he did come by to hang out in my lilac bush for a bit.

The problem is that I've already started clearing out most of my perennials as they're done for the year so he doesn't have a lot of underbrush to hop through...hope I haven't scared him off!

Migration seems to be halted slightly with the warm weather were having, I just wish the mosquito's weren't so crazy. Not having many insectivores around means that as soon as the sun starts setting it's unbearable to be outside...too bad.

The bee's are at a high level too...they're all over the oriole, hummingbird and seed cylinder feeders...I guess I'll have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment