Stop. Breathe. Enjoy.

Friday, September 25, 2009

Bird Bathing Hilarity


So the birds are enjoying this heat wave we're still having...I thought it had broke but yesterday and today have highs of 30' so I guess we're having summer in September. Much to my enjoyment the birds have been dust bathing and water bathing all afternoon when it's like this so the weather isn't that bad I guess. I just want to go hiking and I can't in this heat!
I live the picture above as you can almost hear the annoyance of the ladies, who just came over for a drink only to find a man sparrow show up and splash and splash away. One of them is even shielding away from the spray action. LOVE it.
I went out and bought more bird seed as it would appear that they're going to keep cleaning me out for a while and I really want the sparrows to stay this winter again. It was so cool to see them perch on the frosty edge of the heated bird bath for a drink. They don't bath in the winter but they will stay near the water source if there's food near by!
No cool bird sightings yesterday...I guess I can't expect one a day...would be nice tho'!

No comments:

Post a Comment