Stop. Breathe. Enjoy.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Common Yellow Throat!



So this mornings already been a great bird morning! As I sat surfing on my Laptop I noticed a different bird chirp that seemed too delicate for a house sparrow.

So I looked out my front window hoping to catch a sparrow in the middle of a dirt bath as I did the day before (video camera in hand); when to my surprise I see these greyish things flitting around my flower garden!

I knew there was a reason I hadn't cleared out all of the dead and dying flowers!! There were at least 4 of these guys that I could see, so I tried to get a picture using my video camera as I needed to get something. That just wasn't working out so I figured I would go get my camera from the kitchen and maybe, just maybe, they would still be somewhere close enough to get a picture.

Upon my return one of these little ladies came right to the window and rooted around on the asters looking for yummies and allowed me to take her picture! No easy feat as these are fairly skittish birds (I know, find one who isn't) and add the windowsill glare to that and I'm pleased to have something turn out this good!

Time for morning coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment