Stop. Breathe. Enjoy.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

greedy birds

I'm out of bird seed again! I can't believe how much seed these guys are plowing through on a day to day basis. I'm gonna have to take out a loan just to continue feeding them....and the flock hasn't even reached it's full size yet!

The hummingbirds have officially gone for the year...no sightings in over 2 weeks. I guess it was inevitable; at least this stupid heat wave has ended!

I haven't spotted the hairy woodpecker for a few days but I did notice that his suet plug feeder was empty, so I refilled it...hopefully they'll make a return through October and give something pretty and quirky to watch.

I really hope that maybe this winter I can get chickadee's and nuthatch's' to stay through the winter in my yard. I haven't had any luck with that previous years, but last year was the first year that sparrows stayed the winter thanks to my heated bird bath.

Fingers and toes crossed! Time for morning coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment