Stop. Breathe. Enjoy.

Friday, November 13, 2009

Chastised by a hairy woodpecker

What a gorgeous day today. I can't believe it's November! A funny note...after returning from running errands (most of which involved picking up various bird fare) I decided To refill the very depleted feeders.


So i refilled all of the regular feeders and noticed that the suet plug feeder was almost empty so I decided to fill it up! When I was about 1/2 way through I heard the undeniable call of a woodpecker. I looked up and there he was sitting on the fence looking at me, screeching all the while. It became very apparent that he was ticked that I was in the yard.

I told him to hold on, I was refilling it. He moved to the neighbours tree at that comment, where he watched me warily until I went inside. As soon as I was in he was on the feeder. I felt thoroughly chastised ;)

Still have woodpeckers, bluejays and house sparrows...no chickadees yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment