Stop. Breathe. Enjoy.

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Dull, Dull, Dull

If there's a time of the year I hate it's now. So spoiled from all of the birds seen for the last 6 months, now it seems so slow and boring. I've taken hundreds of picture of bluejays and almost equally as many of the woodpeckers.

At least once the snow hits it's not too bad but we're in the middle of a heatwave here. Almost the end of November and the daytime temp is +10? Ridiculous!

I know I won't really have any new sightings this winter but I still have hope. Our neighbours cut down the tree's in their yard this summer so now the hope of the tall maturish tree's drawing them in is obsolete.

What I wouldn't give for them to put in an evergreen tree!

Don't get me wrong I love the warmer weather..norms for this year are about -10...last year we were at -30 at this time...so I'm really happy that winter is waiting to show up...ironic since we had snow for Thanksgiving weekend.

The birds don't seem to mind it either. I've had to be vigilant about cleaning up the seed off the ground though, since the Raccoon encounter but all in all nothing challenging about that. Still no chickadees or nuthatches...on this side of the development anyways. I heard the nuthatches on our afternoon walk yesterday...I guess they too shall come in time.

All in all...very boring around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment