Stop. Breathe. Enjoy.

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Home Made feeding station


So this past weekend I finally decided to embark on my feeding station project that I ave been toying with for the past few months. It all started with me seeing one that looked almost exactly like this one in my local bird store for about $80.00. When I looked at it I realized that I had most of what was required already at home in my scrap lumber pile!
So I cut, screwed and nailed away until the above was the final result! I'm pretty pleased by how it turned out...it took about 2 hours before it saw it's first customer but once the birds decided it was safe there were no holds barred!
The only downside is I think I need to make it taller...or rather find something taller for it to sit on...The Dog already thinks the peanuts are self serve...I can't imagine what the raccoon will think when he makes his way back here.
The starlings are still here...playing and snacking away...still no chicks :(

No comments:

Post a Comment