Stop. Breathe. Enjoy.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

tis the season to be jolly?


There's something about this time of year. The air is filled with anticipation, malls have their decorations strewn about and people are starting their holiday shopping.

We're anticipating our first storm of the season to hit sometime today...by the time it's over I expect to see somewhere between 10-15cm of snow...not exactly a ton, but the birds seem to be telling me otherwise.

Yesterday there was an absolute feeding frenzy in my back yard. There were upwards of 100 house sparrows attacking anything and everything they could, the blue jays and magpies even seemed to be hungrier than usual. But I guess when you know what they seem to know I'd stock up too and stay home...well in truth that's kinda my plan for tomorrow.

It's not so much that the snow bothers me...it's the idiots that completely forget how to drive in it that do. So more often than not when the snow comes I wait for the plows to hit the streets before I leave if I can. The joy of being self employed!

I'm really hoping that the blue jays stick around for a few days once the snow hits...I'd really like to get some fantastic pictures of them...last year they fled pretty damn quick...but they're still here so maybe this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment