Stop. Breathe. Enjoy.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

The sun sets faster every day


I just can't get over how fast the daylight is slipping away from us. It was just last week that we timed our walks to coincide with a 7pm sunset.

Yesterday we were out at 6:30 and it was a race to see if we could get anything at all captured!

You know winters on it's way not from the bite in the air but from the simply amazing colour that's hitting the sky these days. I know the saying goes 'hit every sunrise and sunset with camera in hand and you'll wow people with you digital expertise."

I don't think that the sunsets are as spectacular as the sunrises but then that could be a bit biased. I think the knowledge that I was up and about and out in the cold to capture a sunrise makes it more special to me.

I'm surprised though by how many people don't even notice them at all. I was on the street taking pictures of the sky when my neighbors walked by and never once looked up to comment on the sunset. Seems sad to me. How do you wander through life with blinders on?

How do you not see the things happening around you? It's funny how things that annoyed you growing up stick with you and become part of who you are as an adult. I remember being a passenger in whatever vehicle my dad was driving...I always had a book to read. It never did make me sick to read in a car...and every time he would give me crap for not paying attention to what's happening out the window.

"Your nose is always burried in a book!" He'd say, "take a look at what's around you!!"

Ironically, words I now live by, bugged the hell out of me back then. He was right...go figure.

The Canadian mint at moonrise

No comments:

Post a Comment