Stop. Breathe. Enjoy.

Friday, October 29, 2010

Empty...

The yard is all but empty...there's a few blue jays that make an occasional appearance, but for the most part the 3 days of torrential rains seems to have driven most of the birds south.

There's a couple dozen house sparrows still hanging around trying to chip out some seed...most of the feeding bowls filled with water and froze. I brought them in to thaw and dumped the fetid water, but the seed still seems rather crunchy.

I guess there's really not a lot to report. Nothing surprising really...it's almost November and the weather finally turned. I guess that's not that bad...we've had great weather since April.

I've noticed the solitary chickadee still coming to the yard...I hope he manages to hang through the entire winter...no sign of the nuthatch tho'.

Maybe this winter I'll have some sort of cool Grosbeak visit...fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment