Stop. Breathe. Enjoy.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

History repeats itself


I was sitting here trying to think about what the next title should be...I was playing with a version of "boring" when I decided to look back a year and have a look what I had posted.

Ironically? The post was titled "borrrring" and it blathered on about the lack of birds other than house sparrows and how the starlings were starting to stalk the yard from the wires and fence.

EXACTLY what I was going to mention today. Funny how thing truly work in circles...I know it's all about the visible daylight and food sources but it seems funny...the only good thing I noticed was that by this time last year the blue jays were gone...and as you can see they're still here packing it down.

The weather's been wonderful here, but it's starting to turn. My hubbie came back from walking the dog last night and said it was FREEZING and time for mitts. When he declares it's time to whip out the mitts you KNOW it's cold.

There's sunshine in the forecast for the next few days, but next weeks below normal temperatures coupled with 3 straight days of precipitation means that there's snow on the horizon and soon.

I doubt it will stay, but it'll no doubt scare away what few birds I have left so It's time to accept the house sparrows and starlings and set some goals to capture them on a lovely hors frosty day!

No comments:

Post a Comment