Stop. Breathe. Enjoy.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The invasion of the Cedar Waxwings





I'll preface this post by saying that this is (I think) one of the best pictures I've ever taken...

It was one of the reasons we decided to book this particular campsite...the fact that while it backs onto the main road on the other side of that main road is acres of pure forrest.

When we came here last year and ended up in this site by default I couldn't get over how many birds there were...I'll never not camp here in June again!

Right next to our site were trees full of tiny berries which drew waxwings, robins and chipmunks galore. I had just finished my first 1/2 marathon the day before and had some nasty blisters that prevented me from straying to far from our site...as it turned out, not a bad thing!!

I watched the waxwings all week long and saw things I'd never seen before. On the first day I watched a pair pass a berry back and forth several times...kinda like a "you have it...no you have it...no you have" moment. As soon as they saw me the gulped the berry down and took off. A bit sad but the shenannigans ensued all week long.

If you'd like to see more of the pictures from this session please check out www.photography-by-coral.com under Nature!

No comments:

Post a Comment