Stop. Breathe. Enjoy.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Franklin's Gull

I can't even keep up with the posts! Yesterday brought Franklin's Gull to the roof of my house. With the windows closed I could hear quite the ruckus happening behind my fence in my backyard. We back out onto a gravel road and a empty field so It's quite usual to hear ducks and geese and maybe the odd gull, but NEVER like this!
There were about 30 of them all fighting over 1 piece of bread and it was simply amazing! I've never seen these guys before and they're not typically city gulls so I guess they were on their way north and just needed a pit stop.

They only stayed for about 1 hour and when I looked again they were gone. I can't believe that
I actually managed to catch them! A Great New Bird to add to my list!
Fun Fact: Did you know that there's no such thing as a seagull?

No comments:

Post a Comment