Stop. Breathe. Enjoy.

Monday, May 3, 2010

The Clay-Coloured Sparrow







The clay coloured sparrow had fast become one of the most recognizable calls to me. I first thought these fellas to be juvenille White throated sparrows. After a while it started to bug me that it seemed too early to have babies that size and that clearly marked. So I headed back to my bird books convinced that there was another name to attach to these cuties.

While trying to ID these guys I happened to be watching when he opened his mouth and that all but cinched the ID. It sounded very un bird like...as a matter of fact it sounded very much like a bug! A grasshopper to be specific!

They are the one of if not the tiniest sparrow...smaller than the chipping and they LOVE sitting on the tree's and screech away. I thought that this was another first but when I went back through my pictures I realized that they had been here before I had just Misfiled them!

I feel blessed to be alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment