Stop. Breathe. Enjoy.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tick Tok


It's coming...I can smell it. There's a bite in the air that clearly signals the arrival of fall. It's been here for a while now...I know they're calling for warmer temperatures next week, but I watch the forecast with a touch of disbelief. I know that snow is on it's way.

Don't get me wrong I'm not, for the first time in my life, wishing the snow would arrive in September. I'm actually hoping that it doesn't show up until December...this way I can keep running outdoors for as long as possible.

The air is heavy though...it feels like a lead weight...or maybe that's the seemingly never ending list of things that have to get done before the snow flies. Usually we try to close up the yard thanksgiving weekend...I guess I'm just tired these days.

I'm tired of people, I'm tired of games, I'm tired of dishonesty, I'm tired of judgment.

I think that's why I love birds as much as I do. This morning I watched about a dozen sparrows bath...at the same time. Seriously. It was hysterical.

It's was like being given a glimpse into a world where the it's all broken down to the most basic drive. Survival. They do what they have to...not because they feel like it but because it's what they've been genetically programmed to do.

I had a yellow rumped warbler visit today. The chirp was simple, but drew my attention...I snapped a couple of blurry pictures to see who it was that was chastising me for letting my dog outside.

The warblers are everywhere...literally. While hanging Christmas lights on the house this past weekend we found we had a warbler of some sort stuck in our garage, flying from rafter to rafter desperate for a way out. He found his way out eventually.

Damn even this post sounds boring. I need to get a life. Is this really what my life has come to? Boring chatter about birds that no one in their right mind gives a damn about?

BAH

No comments:

Post a Comment