Stop. Breathe. Enjoy.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

There's a kind of hush...

...all over the world...

Or maybe it's just here. The weather finally broke, the heat's gone and there's a chill in the air that makes me smile. The time for shorts seems to be gone and there's a frost warning out for tonight...and I can't stop smiling about it. Don't get me wrong...summer was great. Even our september camping trip saw temps of +30 and up every day. Which by the way takes a bit away from the "fall" camping experience.

The birds have started their annual pilgrammge to warmer lands. Last week I heard them before I saw them, but I did infact get to see that perfect "v" formation of a flock of Sandhill cranes. A first. and I loved it. I think I might have to hit the marsh today...just to see what's hanging around.

No comments:

Post a Comment