Stop. Breathe. Enjoy.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The American Tree Sparrow

This morning started off the same, grab coffee, sit at the table... wonder if the animals will ever be quiet, looking at all the birds eating me out of house and home.

There were dozens of birds devouring all of the fresh seed I'd put out yesterday...most of the ground feeders. RW Black birds, grackles, House sparrows and Juncos, but one in particular caught my eye...so I quickly ran and grabbed my camera.

At first I thought he was a chipping sparrow but something was nagging at me...could it actually be a Tree sparrow? I've never seen one and while hiking I always managed to convince my self that I've found one, only to later prove my self wrong looking at the pictures.
I wondered if he was a juvenile fox sparrow because of all of the gray, but as soon as her turned to show me his chest I knew I could add another sparrow to my yard list, the center breast spot made it all to clear...welcome to my morning American Tree sparrow, you've made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment