Stop. Breathe. Enjoy.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Yellow Shafted Flicker!

Wonder of Wonder miracle of miracles!

On my afternoon run (I'm training for the 1/2 marathon) I was wishing that something would take my mind off of the fact that I waited tooooooo long today and the sun was a killer.

It was at that moment that I then spotted distinctive flight of what could only be a flicker. I followed her down the street...kind of unavoidable with the whole running thing...she'd fly down the street, find a spot and dig away until I got too close and then repeat the pattern.

At one point I stayed on the far side of the street and managed to get withing about 10 feet of her while I jogged in place and watched her beautiful unmoustached face.

Eventually the chase pushed her onto my street and onto my front yard before she was scared off by pedestrians.

I can't believe that there was a flicker in our development, never mind in the front yard! Somehow suburbia isn't there usual stomping ground!

No comments:

Post a Comment