Stop. Breathe. Enjoy.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Spring is in the air!

It's official, spring has arrived early in the 'peg this year! It's St. Paddy's day and the snow has melted to the point of almost being totally gone...all that's left here are a few big piles in the front yard from winter clearance. The back yard's totally bare and bereft of life...and I love it!

We've seen the signs coming for a week now but the one sure sign I was waiting for were the geese and they are BACK! I'd seen a couple of random ones here and there for the last 4 days, but this morning I saw them back in FLOCKS! So they are here and they are ready for the glorious days of summer.

As enthusiastic as I sound I'm very well aware of the fact that this weather's unreal and that there's a distinct possibility that we'll get another dumping of snow before it's all said and done. As I said to a friend of mine from the south when she asked when we're done with snow...by June I feel like there's definitely not going to be any more snow.

Some years it's ended early other years we've had blizzards in May. All I can say is that if this really is the end of the snow and winter it will have been the mildest winter in a long time. And the shortest drought of birds in a long time.

Migration has started!!

No comments:

Post a Comment