Stop. Breathe. Enjoy.

Friday, January 8, 2010

I've never going to win a million dollars...

I'm never going to win a million dollars...


Well I thought I'd try it! I just finished complaining about how there's nothing other than house sparrows here when a couple of starlings decided to return and hang out on my Christmas lights to take in the sun.

Then I hear the undeniable call of the magpie and look out back to see him hanging out...not interested in any of the food, but hanging none the less.

I'm finding it more and more difficult to track what birds eat what when. In the fall the magpies and starlings were all over the suet and peanuts...now they won't go anywhere near them...so what do they eat in the winter?

I tried putting out a couple of frozen dinner rolls to see if bread is their calling...if it is I might just buy a few baguettes and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment