Stop. Breathe. Enjoy.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Warming for Christmas

Well it's finally going to be looking a lot like Christmas this week. 3 days of snow in the forecast with above seasonal temps should allow some of the birds to come out and play that have been avoiding my yard like crazy.

The occasional starling has made an appearance...and used the bird bath no less...got my windows filthy. I've inadvertently scared off a woodpecker when I went out to fill up the feeders on a different day. So while I haven't seen a bluejay I have had glimpses of something else.

Yesterday in the neighbours tree about 3 houses down I saw a chickadee...they're getting close! I just have to figure out a way for them to come here! I don't think it'll happen in the back feeding area...the house sparrows have taken that area over completely.

Maybe I should put out another feeder somewhere...maybe the front? But then I fear that the sparrows would take over that as well. SIGH. Ah well I shall sit and enjoy some of this Christmas wonderland I woke up to this morning. Hors Frost EVERYWHERE!

I'm contemplating heading out to get some pictures, but really when you have one...

No comments:

Post a Comment