Stop. Breathe. Enjoy.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

May 1st brings...a blizzard???

Yup...This past Sunday marked the turning of the calendar page and what can only be described as yuck.

I was running my 4th 1/2 marathon that morning and we awoke to snow and ice...by the time we arrived at the starting point it was a full out blizzard. Needless to say my run was terrible...the weather beat me fair and square.

The thing I couldn't get over when I got home were the birds. They were in a full out feeding frenzy. Battling the 80 km wind gusts were over 3 dozen black birds and at least 2 dozen sparrows.

Red Winged Black birds, Starlings, Grackles all battled and devoured anything in sight. House Sparrows, Trees Sparrows and Mourning Doves fought to hang on to anything nailed down.

The snows melted and here's hoping that we've seen the last of winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment